Thursday, September 15, 2011

Sweet gesture

An ex-student wrote me a long email the other day. She asked if I would like to buy a 2012 calendar for 10 bucks. The money goes to some animal shelter (I didn't read it very carefully, the email was seriously long!) and she was trying to get as many people to help so she wrote everyone a personal email.

I like animals and didn't think $10 was too much to ask. Plus the student is a very big-hearted girl whom I have known to be an animal lover since she was 11. She is now 21 and even more of an animal welfare activist than ever.

I paid, she mailed the calendar, I opened the big brown envelope and saw this.


Awww... I wish I had bought a few more to give as presents!


So as I was flipping through the calendar, admiring the pictures of the cute cats and dogs, my heart completely melting into a pool, a red sticker caught my eye. What's the big deal about that date?



2 May. Ya, I actually did that. I read the date out loud and said: what's happening on 2 May?

Then it occurred to me that that's my birthday! LOL! Please don't ask how much stupidier I can get. You don't really want to know! But how sweet right?? Such a small gesture from my student but that really touched me. :)

Oh and if you want to play a part and get a copy of the calendar, go here. Please if you have $10 to spare, do get one!

No comments:

Post a Comment