Friday, September 2, 2011

二锅头

has got to be the most potent thing I have ever drunk in Beijing! Oh wait, or in my entire life for the matter!


It's like vodka except its alcoholic content is 56%!


I took one little sip and almost died! Oh yes, we drink it neat! It 'burns' whichever part of the body it touches, tongue, mouth, throat, stomach. After two sips, my whole body was so warm, I thought I was running a fever. This tiny bottle of 100ml was shared by 6 adults, 6 useless foreigners who took baby sips while at the next the table a few Mainland Chinese were merrily drinking a bottle each! Hilarious.


二锅头! Oh, 二锅头! I wish I had bought a bottle of this rice wine! One of my MA professors and J's current colleague swears by it and we heard he bought two big bottles home!

1 comment:

  1. Potent stuff, alright! This shld be a drink given to one fren of mine b4 he gets married.

    ReplyDelete