Thursday, October 7, 2010

Need practice

So bear with me.

I tend to whine about my inability to take food pictures. J 's analysis is that I don't like food much hence the food pictures don't turn out well. I'd like to think it's just a lack of interest and not a lack of talent!

Anyway, I'm not giving up yet! Here's a set of food pictures I took when we had dinner at Zhou's Kitchen.

Xing Hua Dumplings 兴化云吞

Fried Four Seasons Beans 炸四季豆

Peking Duck 北京鸭

Fried Ee-fu Noodles with Duck Meat 炒面

Red Bean Pancake 豆沙窝饼

Some food bloggers not only take fantastic pictures, they also make their food reviews come alive. Me? I only have 2 words for food, tasty and blah. So here's a very feeble attempt at a food review.

The Peking duck and fried noodles were really good! Delicious and not too oily. In constrast, the dumplings and fried beans were kind of blah. (See?) But the most disappointing dish was the dessert. I love red bean pancake but don't know many places that sell it. In fact the only reason why we ate at Zhou's Kitchen was to try out the pancake. In the end, I had 3 pieces and called it quits. Too many sesame seeds, pastry was too flaky and the red bean paste was not smooth and sweet at all.

On a separate note, I like the decor in the restaurant. They hung kitchen utensils on the walls!


This one in the last picture is called 炸勺 (zha shao). I believe it's used for deep frying.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm... The food look really good... Have to check out Zhou's Kitchen when I next return. Good pictures. : ]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the Peking duck and coffee pork ribs at Zhou's Kitchen. :) When are you coming back? Let's meet up there! :)

    ReplyDelete