Saturday, October 9, 2010

I appreciate you too

In the first year of our marriage, I badgered J to get me a Georg Jensen Fusion ring. He said maybe on our 10th anniversary, he would. I bargained and asked, "How about our 5th anniversary?" 10th, he insisted. And that was it, I never asked for the ring again!

Sometime this year, he led me to the Georg Jensen (pronounced 'Yorg Yensen' in Danish) store to try on the ring. I was reluctant or at least pretended to be. But as it turned out, the Fusion ring (1 ring is made up of 2 or 3 parts/pieces) was too big and chunky for me. I was terribly disappointed because I had my heart set on it.

Then we spotted this. The Fusion fixed ring. It looks like 3 parts put together but is actually 1 fixed piece. Size 48 fits me perfectly but after I saw the price, we left the store without buying.

Yesterday, on his birthday, J gave me the ring which he on the quiet had gone to place an order and waited over a week for. He told me it is a token of his appreciation of me and the 7 years we have been together.

It was an 'Aww' moment for me. :)

So here it is, my appreciation ring. :)

I hope we will never fail to be there for each other in the many years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment