Monday, October 4, 2010

Consolation

My laptop crashed last week and my world was thrown into turmoil. I lost precious data. It felt like the sky fell on me.

Which explains the lack of posts. I was in no mood to take pictures.

When the IT people finally replaced my harddrive with a new one, I spent many painful hours over the whole weekend RE-TRANSCRIBING hours of lessons from my project. In general, it takes about an hour to transcribe 10-15 minutes of classroom talk. The hardest thing is listening to one teacher and many students ALL trying to get a word in at the SAME time. And as if this wasn't bad enough, Child A often sounds the same as Child B and Child C and every other child in the classroom. Don't be mistaken, transcribing is really no brainer work but that does not mean it is not TEDIOUS!

By Sunday, I felt I deserve a little something as a reward for working over the weekend. After all, it was not my fault my laptop died so dramatically. There had been no warning signs.

So this was what I got!

Aren't they pretty??

Initially I thought they were 5 inches. Turned out they were only 4. Oh well...

Retrolicious shoes from Charles & Keith ($59.90)

2 comments: