Sunday, June 12, 2011

Charlie is not a hobo

In case you think Charlie is some tramp, no no that's not what I'm referring to. I am talking about my Beantown Charlie not being a hobo bag.

At a gathering the other night, a friend asked if Charlie is a hobo and another said yes. Actually I beg to defer. I don't fancy hobo bags that much and certainly I don't think my Beantown Charlie fits the definition of a hobo.

According to Wiki,
The hobo bag is a style of handbag or purse that is typically large and characterized by a crescent shape, a slouchy posture and a long strap designed to wear over the shoulder. Hobo bags are made out of soft, flexible materials and tend to slump, or slouch, when set down.

My Charlie does not slump and is definitely not made of a soft material. Here's a picture as proof.


Beantown Charlie is my first kate spade and I have a soft spot for it. Please don't call it a hobo. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment