Monday, May 23, 2011

Maryanne, I love thee

(Photo from katespade.com)

I ordered the Gold Coast Maryanne some time in April. C, a friend in the USA, got a 20% store discount and bought this on my behalf. Later she sent me regular updates and also pictures of my bag. Buying the bag through her was a joy and breeze. :)

But (there's always a but in every story) Speedpost gave me a lot of grief. :(

Although C got USPS to send out my bag a day after she got it from the kate spade store, it took more than 2 weeks before it was delivered to my place. While C and USPS were efficient, the same cannot be said about Speedpost. USPS has a tracking system which updates the status of the parcel so I know exactly when C sent it out, when USPS shipped it to Singapore and when it arrived and cleared the customs here. Speedpost's tracking system on the other hand only showed ONE status and there were NO MORE updates after that. My bag sat in their sorting centre for an entire week before they delivered it! In fact I had to call on day 4 to ask about my parcel, only to hear them report most nonchalantly that the item was damaged! When I asked if it was the box that was damaged or the item inside, they said they could not tell! On day 5, they called to say they could not locate the item! I was livid because clearly nobody gave a damn about my parcel. All of my requests were not acceeded to. No, I cannot go to the central post office to assess the damage and collect the parcel. No, they cannot deliver it to me asap. No, No, NO!

Eventually when the parcel arrived, I was at work and J who signed for it told me the box was horribly crushed and torn. Even the kate spade gold-striped paper was ripped, and as was the plastic bag that wrapped the bag in. When I got home and saw the box for myself, I thought: OH GOOD GRIEF! Did an elephant sit on it?!?

Thankfully my Maryanne survived the ordeal. There are no visible scratches despite the torn box and layers of wrapping and she looks perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment