Monday, December 26, 2011

Hong Kong #1

Like many, we love the eating bit in HK. There's so much good food, I hardly take pictures of them anymore. Besides, a quick search on the Internet will lead you to a zillion blog posts about what and where to eat in HK.



What I did take a picture of is this dessert shop. I think it's called Hang Fa Lau. We were told it's pretty good. There is one just 10 metres away from our hotel. J and I love 甜汤 (dessert/sweet soup) and really nothing beats a hot bowl of sweet soup on a winter's day!



Double boiled papaya with white fungus is my favourite. I must have a bowl of this every day every time I am in HK. I know I can do it myself but I'm lazy and it's available every where in HK. So easy!



Usually at the dessert stores, you can also find fried radish cake. (萝卜糕) J swears the ones in HK are better. I think he's just biased. :)



Look at those glass bottles! For the sake of drinking out of a glass bottle, I ordered soft drinks with my wanton mee. So ancient and so nostalgic! I don't even know where we can find these in Singapore.



I eat these small sweet cakes for remembrance sake! We love walking from Tsim Sha Tsui to our hotel late at night. On the way, we will stop by this stall and grab some 鸡蛋仔. Because we did it the first time we went to HK, we have been doing so every trip.





Miniature egg tarts (蛋挞仔) are another of my favourite. I love everything to do with eggs! These are from our favourite dim sum place, Dragon Dynasty (龙朝) in JD Mall.



Maxim's Cakes came up with Angry Birds muffins this Christmas season. Hilarious I thought! The icing isn't great but the chocolate chip muffin is! Yummy.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the eating in HK! Delicious n the food isn't fried! Much healthier. Yummilicious stuff! Love the sweet soups n the Swiss chicken wings, the dim sum n the carrot cake! Love love love the eating with my favourite person that is you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! Boy, aren't you my number one fan?!?
    I must agree the food in HK is great. :)

    ReplyDelete