Saturday, March 26, 2011

Jay and J

This is somewhat related to the last post.


If you don't already know, Jay Chou is also a sufferer of AS. According to some tabloid report, he once took 12 pain killers before the start of a concert. If that is true, my heart goes out to him. I have seen J in pain, I have seen J take an insane number of pain killers in desperation to numb the pain. I cannot however imagine J having to take on the stage and sing and dance like there is no tomorrow after popping all those meds. So yes, I feel for you, Jay Chou.

The NSAIDs may be effective but they also have side effects. Arcoxia which J takes in high dosage can cause heart failure apparently. We don't know what will happen in the future and it isn't that we don't care. But the pain is so excruciating that to live normally, J cannot do without it.



But Jay Chou is also one of the lucky few who got diagnosed early. We read somewhere that he was not enlisted with the army because of AS.

Seriously, I rather do national service than be plagued with this disease. Then again what am I talking about?? I have neither the disease nor the desire to serve the nation as a soldier!!

I have however acquired 4 of Jay's albums in a few days and am enjoying every bit of his music. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment