Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Why not?


In an article I read recently, Ho Kwon Ping, the chairman of Wah Chang International Corporation (the company owns Banyan Tree Hotels and Resorts), said in an interview that often the most important word in a person's life is a 3-letter word.

To people who have a religion, it's 'God'.
To boys, it's 'Sex'.
And as for him, it's the word 'Why'.

I'd like to add on to that and propose that 'why not' is just as useful as 'why'. (Yes I know I know, that's 2 words, 6 letters, not a 3-letter word.) So anyway! Back to 'why not'. Now, while 'why' is a good question to ask oneself, 'why not' is a good reply to give others.

In fact I use it a lot when people ask me the 'why' questions.

Why are you wearing a watch that looks like a toy?
Why not?


It's 7PM! Why are you still in the office?
Why not?


Why do you have such a stupid blog?
Why not?


It's brusque. It says everything but also nothing. It's avoidance crafted to perfection. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment