Monday, September 13, 2010

Veggies are for rabbits

Stir Fried Four Season Beans (四季豆) with Minced Pork


I don't eat vegetables.
Why?
They taste blah.

And vegetables that taste good have tons of oil and yes I know that for a fact because once I puked through an entire night after eating a whole plate of very tasty but oily vegetables.

Occasionally, I eat cucumbers but technically, a cucumber is a fruit.

Recently, I attempted to eat Si Ji Dou (四季豆), literally translated as Four Season Bean. I ate it because J likes it and I wanted to know why anyone would like beans so much especially when they are not the kind that will 'transform' into a nice cup of coffee eventually.

And so this dish from Zhou's Kitchen surprised me. The beans were crunchy (I expected them to be soft and soggy) and went very well with the minced pork and dried chilli. I had about 3 mouthfuls before I saw the oil on the plate and called it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment