Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Happy Teachers' Day!

The photographs don't really have anything to do with the post. I just like unicorns. :)


Although I must say I often wish I were something else in this life. A dog, an egret, Spiderman and sometimes even a unicorn. Please don't ask why; I'm unique that way. And yes, I'm saying this with a straight face.

To be honest, I never wanted to be a teacher. Really! I wanted to be Spiderman!

So if you ask me, the best thing about teaching has to be the students. Not so much the tiresome ones or the bratty ones with demanding parents. Nope, not those.

Rather, I want to remember the ones who were patient with me, who made me feel my constant worrying for them (and hence shortening my life by a few years) was worth it, who worked hard and played even harder, who actually found the gibberish I spouted sidesplitting and who bothered to remember me this Teachers' Day even after all these years.

So thank you my dear ex-students for your texts, Facebook messages and cards. You were and still are godsend. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment