Monday, December 13, 2010

Swa Garden

is a Teochew restaurant along MacPherson Road and about the only one I go to because it's near my parents' place. Not that I dislike Teochew food but I'm really not familiar with it.


I like this restaurant because it's so quaint, so 1980s. Plus the food's really good!

The prices however are not cheap. Among the food we ordered were the Teochew braised goose, steamed pomfret and cold crab. I didn't take pictures of the food because I wasn't quick enough! Everyone dug into the dishes before I could even position my camera.


I did get a shot of the all famous Teochew dessert, the orh-nee. If you don't already know, it's yam paste with pumpkin and gingko nuts. The reason this photo exists was by then everyone was quite full and had slowed down in their eating. That plus the observant waitress who saw me with my camera in hand had asked if I'd like to take a snapshot before she served the dish.

It's one of the few times I ate orh-nee, I'm really not a fan. It's pretty good I have to say! Not too sweet at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment