Saturday, July 28, 2012

Embracing messy hair

I have always wanted to bun up my hair but never knew how. My former boss used to come to work with her hair all bunned up and looking pretty. And I would think, 'God, I want to look that stylish when I'm in my 50s!'

Anyway, I rediscovered Pinterest the other day and chanced upon the sock bun. Literally, it's hair rolled into a bun using a sock! Search for 'sock bun' on Youtube and you will find many clips that show you how to do the bun.



My first attempt wasn't very good. You can see part of the black sock!



Second attempt looks better, yeah?



There's a lot of hair sticking out all over. I think with some pins, I should be able to achieve a neater look. J thinks there's nothing wrong even without pinning those strands down. Maybe it's time I learn to embrace a little messiness. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment